Well. I survived the first day. Better then survived I think. I’ve passed my goal of 2,000 words AND made it to the write-in against the odds.
I’m still in that early part of the draft before I’ve connected with the characters and where I realize that I haven’t thought about POV at all. Nothing much of note has happened – I’m in the middle of establishing the ‘Ordinary World’ and have just shoved the inciting incident at the main character. So for lack of anything else to talk about I thought I’d share my starting playlist for this NaNo. It will undoubtably change a lot during the month, so maybe I’ll share it again at the end for comparison. I find I need high energy songs with strong beats to write, and that I zone out when songs don’t have lyrics. I’m a bit of an odd duck among writers for that.
- Judas – Lady Gaga
- Iron – Woodkid
- Young Men Dead – The Black Angels
- Crashing Down – Heather Dale
- Smooth Criminal – 2Cello
- Letters From The Sky – Civil Twilight
- The Queen of Argyll – Silly Wizard
- Rox In The Box – The Decemberists
- This Is Why We Fight – The Decemberists
- Dance With The Devil – Breaking Benjamin
- Runs In The Family – Amanda Palmer
- Lose Yourself – Eminem
- Bad Son – Jed Whedon and the Willing
- Wicked Blood – Sea Wolf
- You Are – Splashdown
- Rolling In The Deep – Adele
- Young Blood – Norah Jones
- Varulven – Garmarna
- Carry On Wayward Son - Kansas
- What You Want – Evanescence
The steamer for today’s meeting was the special – raspberry, blueberry, and white chocolate. I’m open to suggestions for the next meeting. :)
2416 / 50000 words. 5% done!